Ayyyo, 'nuff respect to the dozen of Ohio brewers collaborating on a twelve-pack sampler that launches in the spirit of Cleveland Beer Week's Brewzilla Festival (I am loving all these creative names) in my former stomping grounds on Saturday, October 23. It's proven again and again that it's all love in the world of craft brewing, and for these guys to join together and create six original, one-time brews almost brings beers, I mean tears to my eyes! This is especially the case with me being a Shaker Heights High School grad in all, so a brotha has to give this a shout out.
Here are the crafty concoctions below. I haven't received the actual names of them, but the styles show they are very serious!:
• Barrel-aged Strong Ale -- brewed by Great Lakes Brewing Co. and Cellar Rats Brewery.
• Alt Bier -- by Cornerstone Brewing Co. and Buckeye Brewing.
• Rye Kolsch -- by Willoughby Brewing Co. and the Brew Kettle.
• Smoked Black Lager -- by Thirsty Dog Brewing Co. and Indigo Imp Brewery.
• Imperial American Porter -- by Hoppin' Frog Brewery and Rocky River Brewing Co.
• Wet Hop IPA -- by Fat Head's Brewery and Black Box Brewing Co.
Hopefully other states including Georgia (a-hem!) catch on and do this as well!