Great holiday gift selection from Atlanta restaurants, chefs and more!
So after featuring what some local restaurants are doing for the Holiday season here, a sea of other restaurants graciously joined in to let us know what they are doing to make things just a bit more joyous in December. From specials at Chef Kevin Gillespie’s General Store (above), to gift cards from some of ATL’s top eateries including Ray’s Restaurants and The Pig & the Pearl in Atlantic Station, here we go! These are descriptions straight from the sources.
Happy eatin’ and sippin’!
|Atlantic Station's The Pig & The Pearl has some serious sauces!|
Chef Kevin Gillespie Treats
For those with coffee-fiend friends, check out what Kevin Gillespie has brewing in his General Store. He is selling his signature “Red Beard’s Delight” coffee, his own special blend from his pals at Jittery Joe’s in Athens, Georgia, for $14 a canister. A bright, well-rounded, easy-drinking coffee, it is perfect for automatic drip and French press alike. Grab a coffee mug ($10) to go with it, and the total price is $21. Other great finds include $25 Gunshow t-shirts. Visit www.chefkevingillespiemerch.com to fully browse the great gift ideas and order a signed copy of Kevin's new cookbook, Pure Pork Awesomeness: Totally Cookable Recipes from Around the World ($30). Everything you need to know about selecting, cooking and enjoying pork is included. The book will be released and shipped on March 31, 2015.
White Oak Pastures
Georgia’s most beloved and renowned farm offers some incredible one-of-a-kind holiday gifts through its convenient online store. The Holiday Meat Packages shop sells farm-fresh meats delivered from the farm to the front door. One of the best finds is the “Holiday Gift Box Four" ($300), which includes a pastured duck, pastured goose, grass-fed tenderloin roast, grass-fed prime rib roast, a medium pastured turkey and a pastured guinea hen.
Outside of the fresh meat selections, browse the online shop for other farm-inspired items like Campessino whole bean coffee ($11), grass-fed beef tallow candle in vanilla scent ($4.99) and White Oak Pastures clothing. For a truly unique gift, check out Madeline Smiles handmade grass-fed jewelry. Following the practice of utilizing every part of the cow, Madeline processes the sun-dried bones collected from the farm to make beautiful earrings and necklaces starting at $42.
The Pig & the Pearl
The delicious barbecue sauces prepared by Todd Richards at The Pig & the Pearl make perfect stocking stuffers for those in the family who like things spicy. Flavors include Hot, Hotter and Bourbon Hot Sauce and are available to purchase at the Atlantic Station restaurant for $8 a bottle; three for $21.
Whether you are stocking up for the holiday party or looking to gift your beer connoisseur friends, Orpheus Brewing makes the perfect local pick. Even better, flagship beers Atalanta and Lyric Ale are now available in cans. Both brews are decorated with commissioned designs from Atlanta artists Brandon Sadler and Peter Ferrari, giving the cans a unique twist. Six-packs are available at local retailers and package stores.
You can't go wrong with gift cards, and the following Atlanta restaurants have sweetened the pot with some great deals:
· Aqua blue: Receive a $25 bonus card with purchase of a $100 gift card. aquablueatl.com
· Bantam + Biddy: Give the gift of fresh this year and enjoy an additional $10 gift card when you purchase a $50 gift card now through December 31. Gift cards are available at all Bantam + Biddy locations including Ansley, Crescent, Avalon and Lenox. bantamandbiddy.com
· Chick-a-Biddy: Purchase a $50 gift card this holiday season and get an additional $10 gift card. Offer valid until December 31. chickabiddyatl.com
· Communitas Hospitality: Fans of 10th& Piedmont, G’s Midtown and HOBNOB can enjoy a great offer of $20 free each time you purchase $100 in gift cards for the hospitality group. Purchases can be made online at here. Cards cannot be used the day of purchase and expire on March 23, 2015. communitashospitality.com
· FLIP Burger: Receive an additional $10 gift card with a $50 gift card purchase or an additional $20 with $100. The bonus cards expire on March 15 and are not valid on the day of purchase. flipburgerboutique.com
· Hearth Pizza Tavern: Buy a $50 gift card and receive an additional $10 gift card, available now through January 1. hearthpizzatavern.com
· Parma Tavern: Available now until January 1, purchase a $50 gift card and receive an extra $10 gift card. parmarustictavern.com
· The Pig & the Pearl: Now through December 31, enjoy an additional $20 when you purchase $100 in gift cards for the holidays. thepigandthepearl.com
· Marlow’s Tavern: Guests who purchase a $100 gift card will receive an additional $20 gift card from the restaurant. Offer is valid through December 31. marlowstavern.com
· RA Sushi: Now through December 31, RA Sushi is offering its fans an additional $10 bonus card with every $50 gift card purchase. The bonus gift cards are valid from January 2 to March 31, 2015. rasushi.com
· Ray's Restaurants: In addition to a special gift ($25 value; while supplies last) with all in-restaurant gift card purchases of $100 or more at Ray's On The River, Ray's At Killer Creek and Ray's In the City, the restaurant group is also offering a 20% bonus on all gift card purchases of $25-$975 and a 25% bonus on all gift card purchases of $1,000 or more. These offers are valid through the end of January. raysrestaurants.com
· Ted's Montana Grill: Fill your stockings with Ted's gift cards. Receive 15% off when you purchase $500 or more. tedsmontanagrill.com
· The Shed at Glenwood: Guests can enjoy an additional $20 in gift cards with a $100 purchase now through the end of the year. theshedatglenwood.com
· Tin Drum: Purchase a $25 gift card and receive a free entrée. The offer is valid now through December 28 at all Atlanta-area locations. tindrumcafe.com
· Tin Lizzy’s: Give the gift of Atlanta’s favorite Tex-Mex this holiday season. Purchase a $100 gift card and get an additional $20 gift card. Offer is available only with a $20 minimum gift card purchase at a Tin Lizzy’s location now through December 31. The bonus cards may be redeemed January 1 through February 28. tinlizzyscantina.com