Monday, June 4, 2018

It’s almost time for the Montreal Jazz Fest!

Kamasi Washington will be in the house! Photo: kamasiwashington.com

Consistent with this being one of the best music festivals in the world, the 39th edition has a stellar lineup in 2018!


I love the Montreal Jazz Fest!
If you have been following me over the years, you will know that I make it a point to attend the Montreal Jazz Fest every year. It’s simply that amazing. Besides jazz, I love how they explored other art forms including rock, soul, funk, folk, and one of my favorites—hip-hop—in the past. Throughout the years, I have seen unforgettable shows performed by everyone from Wu Tang, to Public Enemy, Del The Funky Homosapien, and last year’s dope grand finale, Anderson .Paak! (We later met Anderson in the hotel I was staying at which I highly recommend, the newly remodeled Hyatt Regency Montreal, based in the center of the Fest.) Here is my photo during his show...
Well this year they still provide stellar lineups but are bringing a stronger focus to the jazz side, which is just as much of a draw since that is how they originally began in year one. In 2018 from June 28 to July 7, you can’t go wrong with Herbie Hancock, Terence Blanchard, Bobby McFerrin, and burgeoning geniuses Kamasi Washington on the sax, Hamilton on Broadway’s Leslie Odom Jr., and bassist Thundercat to name a few. The War On Drugs will be closing on the last day.
The official description says:

39th edition of the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal
Jazz, jazz… and nothing but jazz!

The Festival International de Jazz de Montréal, presented by the TD Bank Group in collaboration with Rio Tinto, unveils a new series of concerts for its 39th edition, June 28 to July 7, 2018. On the program: an array of artists featuring legends and rising stars, dear Festival friends and newcomers, promising evenings of magical jazz in all its forms.

Go here for all the information and to book your tickets. Keep in mind that besides all acts, free outdoor shows, and other highlights, the entire city of Montreal is one of the world’s most revered playgrounds for food, famous parks, historical landmarks, diversity, art, culture, and of course, beer. This is undoubtedly one of my favorite cities and hopefully you will see why. Trust me, you will see something extraordinary every day. Did you see what greeted me while having coffee at a cafe nearby the Hyatt Regency last year on my Instagram here? This crew called the Les Gens De Couleurs was mind blowing. Check out my other posts on this #cruisinforabrewsinmontreal hashtag.
So whether it’s a Father’s Day present, a vacation with a loved one, or simply to feed your desire to indulge in music, this is the place to be for the summer!
Look for more coverage soon including where to eat and get your sip on when in Montreal.

Cheers!
Ale

SHARE:

ALE MAX Returns to Fuse Craft Beer & Sneaker Cultures!

Yup! It's that time again! Ale Max Day , the event put on by my boy Craig and I, will be in its second year, and it's going to be an...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig