Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Sierra Nevada and Big Tex Beer Dinner is tonight!

The last Sierra Nevada beer dinner I went to at Taco Mac - Lindbergh was off the chain.
The one tonight at Big Tex should be pretty damn good too!
 
I’m there!

One of my favorite events I love to do when it concerns ales and lagers is to indulge in a beer dinner. And as you can see from posts like this, whenever one comes up, I try my damnedest to announce, attend, and happily share my experience with my Cruisin’ For A Brewsin’ followers. There’s just something awesome about an executive chef putting his or her culinary genius to the test by creating dishes that perfectly complement the tasting complexities of specific beers. To add, courses could reach almost ten in number from one sitting!  
Big Tex (Courtesy of Green Olive)
Well tonight (January 24, 7 p.m.) is another one and it is featuring one of my most beloved breweries and pioneers of the craft beer movement, Chico, California’s Sierra Nevada, and the executive chef Rick Watson at his restaurant, Big Tex in Decatur (308 W Ponce de Leon Ave. Decatur, Ga. 30030)! Here is the menu below.
I mean come on, the first four dishes including the amuse and Pale Ale sound mouthwatering, but check out this happy ending: 
Narwhal Imperial Stout with Hazelnut Mocha Torte-Hazelnut Meringue layered with Rich Chocolate and Espresso Cream.” 
Whoa!
I never had Big Tex’s eats but judging by these food shots and planned menu, Rick and crew are no joke. All in all, this sounds like a cool early Valentine’s Day gift to me. (Look for more on my annual V-Day Guide coming soon!).
Peep the menu…

First Taste
Amuse Bouche
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Course 1
Ovila Golden with Champagne Platter including Kumamoto Oyster, Caviar Toast Point, and Bacon Deviled Egg
Sierra Nevada Ovila Belgian Style Golden

Course 2
Ruthless Rye with Rueben Dog- Corned Beef Sausage, Rye Bun, Russian Dressing, Gruyere Cheese, Jalapeno Kraut
Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye

Course 3
Porter with Oxtail- Braised Oxtail, Fried Cauliflower, Pickled Shallot, Sweet Onion Rice
Sierra Nevada Porter

Course 4
Narwhal Imperial Stout with Hazelnut Mocha Torte- Hazelnut Meringue layered with Rich Chocolate and Espresso Cream
Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout

Night Cap
Desert Amuse Bouche
2008 Bigfoot Barleywine Ale vs. 2012 Bigfoot Barleywine Ale

Let's get it on!
Cheers!

Ale
SHARE:

ALE MAX Returns to Fuse Craft Beer & Sneaker Cultures!

Yup! It's that time again! Ale Max Day , the event put on by my boy Craig and I, will be in its second year, and it's going to be an...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig