Sunday, April 10, 2011

Looks like I'm missing the Classic City Beer Festival. Damn!


The gods of responsibility got your boy Ale in a headlock!


At least there is Lady Gaga in that cup!
Remember this?
Man, oh man. What a way to wake up. I just go an assignment that is due today along with a bunch of other duties (like taxes!) that the gods of responsibility are pressing me with. With that being the case, I am not going to be able to roll out to Athens, GA with Reid Ramsey, the Atlanta Beer Master, for the awesome 16th Annual Classic City Beer Festival that my good friend and beer authority Owen Ogletree is hosting today from 2:30 to 6:00. 150 different beers are yelling “Come and get me, Ale!” I hear them faintly in the 70-mile distance, but it looks like I just can’t do it. Since returning from the Atlantic City Beer Festival aka Celebration of the Suds, it has been a whirlwind, plus, judging the Miss Latina Georgia Beauty Pageant took my whole Saturday. Damn!

Sunday is a wrap.

Instead, it’s a ton of work, beating the Uncle Sam deadline, trying to find a good deal on a laptop and camera (preferably a Canon G12 so if you have any hook ups, email me @ alesharpton@gmail.com) , and then a well-deserved break at around 3 with my boy who is in town at the Brick Store. Eff it.

It’s all good. There are a few great beer events coming up next week along with the SweetWater 420 Fest that I will be posting up tomorrow, so things look good on the horizon.

And Athens? I am coming for you, big time! I am talking Terrapin, hitting up my man and brewing genius Eric at his Trappeze Pub, paying a visit to the world-renowned Five Points Bottle Shop and maybe catching a Bulldogs game when the football season starts. Until then, keep those lovely brews in a cooler for a brother.

At ease.

Ale
SHARE:

Get ready for 404 Day!

Peace Y’all! Being a proud rep of Atlanta for more than 30 years, it’s time celebrate another festive 404 Day! This time, there is a fundr...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig