Pretty soon, the winning breweries will be pimping this awesome award!
Yep, the 2011 HOToberfest was, as usual, an incredible time, with so many different brews to sip on that sunny October 1st afternoon! I had a ball and always respect how hard founders Alan, Denise and Tryon go to make sure their casks are extraordinary and shipped from all over the nation. Besides all the firkins, VIP tents and abundance of beer enthusiasts that make HOToberfest an annual priority, everyone loves the opportunity to vote for their favorite potion of sipping bliss out of more than 200. With that being said, congrats to the winners of the 2011 HOToberfest General Tasting Awards! I wholeheartedly agree with the following victors. They were delish!
· Gold: Wild Heaven Craft Beers - Eschaton - Abt/Quadrupel - ABV 10.5%
· Silver: Terrapin Beer Company - Hopsecutioner - IPA - ABV 7.3%
· Bronze: Red Brick Brewing - Vanilla Gorilla - Imperial/Strong Porter - ABV 7.5%
Firkin VIP Awards
These are selected from over 60 of the world’s most sought after beers!
· Gold: Lagunitas - Dry Hopped Maximus IPA CASK - Fresh Hopped Imperial/Double IPA
· Silver: Sweetwater Brewing - Bean to Brew Porter (Sweetwater & Cacao Collaboration CASK) - Chocolate Porter
· Bronze: Port Brewing - Dry Hopped High Tide IPA CASK - Fresh Hopped IPA