Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Toast To Mom

Brenda Loraine Byron
June 25, 1949 - November 23, 2011
(This Wednesday's service info is below)

Peace to you.
It has been a challenging few days for me, my family and everyone who has had the pleasure of knowing my mother who passed on the eve of Thanksgiving. I have been wanting to update this site and tell you about all of the cool spots I hit up in Detroit last weekend along with some awesome brews I came across during the month of November. However, understandably, I have been pretty damn occupied. While I deal with this, I want to thank everyone who has sent me Tweets, texts, shout outs on Facebook and other offers of condolences from all over the world. Trust me, it is greatly appreciated. 
Mom at her last school,
Taylor Road Middle School
So as I cope with everything to the best of my ability, just know that my mother was an amazing woman and heaven is having one helluva party right now. I am fittingly toasting this Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, one of my favorites, to Ma Dukes. She was raised there, always proudly claimed New York, and has touched thousands of lives ever since as an award-winning teacher, being featured on Oprah, and quite simply being cool as hell. 
It's hard to write this, but I have to keep it moving and push on. I appreciate you reading my posts here on Cruisin' For A Brewsin', and it will be updated as soon as possible. In the meantime, tell your loved ones you are blessed they are in your life and sip the best beers money can buy. You only live once.
Oh, and cancer, plus anyone involved in keeping the cure under the wraps for profit? Go f*ck yourself.
Happy Holidays,
Ale
Brenda's service will be at:
Mountain West Church Of God
4818 Hugh Howell Road, Stone Mountain, GA 30087-1001
Wednesday, November 30th at 
The service will commence at 3:30 p.m. 
The repass will follow from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Get your directions here.
Thanks in advance for coming through. 

SHARE:

ALE MAX Returns to Fuse Craft Beer & Sneaker Cultures!

Yup! It's that time again! Ale Max Day , the event put on by my boy Craig and I, will be in its second year, and it's going to be an...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig