Friday, July 6, 2012

I'm Lovin' Montreal!

The Montreal Jazz Fest brings bass for yo' face!

It's no secret that I looooove Montreal!
This is my sixth time back and every time I come to this beautiful city, I always have a blast! On this visit, I am covering one of the greatest music festivals in the world, the 33rd Festival International De Jazz De Montreal which concludes on Saturday, July 7th. Plain and simple, if you have never been to this music extravaganza, book a ticket for next year. It is simply amazing thanks to their eclectic roster of musicians from around the world. Trust me, I have seen everyone from the Wu Tang Clan, Public Enemy, and soul crooner Bilal, to some of the greatest pianists in the world incluing Robert Glasper and the legendary Ahmad Jamal for his 80th birthday. Virtually every performance is unforgettable. The above shot is the bassist for Bay Area rapper Lyrics Born. They rocked it on the 4th of July! Mederic Collignon (left) also did his thing showing incredible energy with his quartet on the 5th, the trio Nobody Beats the Drum proved electronica is here to stay, and then there's the one I can't wait for, Deltron: 3030 tonight!
Of course, between all of the live shows held on intimate stages such as the L'Astral to grandiose concert halls including the Theatre Maisonneuve Place Des Arts, it is imperative to take in all of the local attractions, like the incredible Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition, which was one of the most incredible, interactive exhibits I have ever been a part of...

Gawk at my mandatory stop, the Notre-Dame Basilica...

Get a good dose of the local delicacy, poutine (hand-cut French fries smothered in turkey gravy and cheese curds)...

Kick it with some homies including my man Winston from the hot music website The Couch Sessions and local don, Pablo

And of course, sip some suds! This is a wonderful rendition of a West Coast IPA at 6.5 percent served by one of my favorite brew pubs in Montreal, Benelux...

All in all, I can't wait for tonight to see Del the Funky Homosapien & Co., Cleveland-born MC Stalley, and the Kalmunity ensemble performing numerous compositions by one of the greatest producers of all time, J Dilla! After that, it's back to Atlanta to catch up on everything I have missed. 
Au revoir!
Ale
SHARE:

ALE MAX Returns to Fuse Craft Beer & Sneaker Cultures!

Yup! It's that time again! Ale Max Day , the event put on by my boy Craig and I, will be in its second year, and it's going to be an...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig