Sunday, December 8, 2013

Travel: Check out Miami’s eye-popping Wynwood Walls!


Besides Art Basel, Wynwood Walls 
also make Miami’s art scene hot!

I love to travel and besides featuring great locations to indulge in craft beer and get your grub on, I also make sure to share other attractive gems the world has to offer. With the internationally celebrated Art Basel going on the weekend of December 5th through the 8th in Miami Beach, I was reminded how cool a certain section of the city was that I visited recently. It’s called Wynwood Walls, an ingenious and simply jaw-dropping reinvention of a deserted warehouse district.  
My cool tour guide.
Spearheaded by the late Tony Goldman, a famous and imaginative real estate developer, in 2009, he saw how the unsightly exteriors with very few windows of abandoned buildings could be incredible canvases for world renowned artists to brilliantly showcase their gifts. Before he passed last year, his vision was thankfully realized.
Here are just a few of the Wynwood Walls I took some photos of. They are always changing so make sure you check this district out and make it your own year-round Art Basel. Below are some of the ridiculously sick walls I saw below. 



The colors and the baby Hulk made this one by Ron English one of my faves!

This was chiseled in the wall!
I had to leave my stamp of approval, of course!

Be sure to support you local artists and cherish the art wherever you are throughout the world. Oh, and good luck to my art homies showing off their work this weekend in Miami Beach including Hebru Brantley, Dubelyoo, C. Flux Sing, Miya Bailey, and others. 

Cheers!
Ale
SHARE:

ALE MAX Returns to Fuse Craft Beer & Sneaker Cultures!

Yup! It's that time again! Ale Max Day , the event put on by my boy Craig and I, will be in its second year, and it's going to be an...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig