Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Cheapest, Most Expensive And Most Popular Beer Brands Worldwide


Yep! Another Infographic about beer! I dig 'em!

Evidently, the word got out that I am a sucker for infographics particularly about beer because I get them sent to me all the time. Due to my background in graphic design, marketing and journalism (plus being a lover of fun facts), I always found them entertaining. We can go back to when USA Today had those colorful cartoons with graphics called "Snapshots" at the bottom corner of their papers revealing everything from what country consumes the most chocolate to the most common travel frustrations. (See below.)
Well, as a segue to the latter subject (travel), I just received an infographic on the cheapest, most expensive, and most popular beers worldwide, along with some other entertaining factoids about the world's greatest beverage. Brilliantly written by David Adelman with FinancesOnline.com and designed by Ruby Media Corporation, I really had fun with the one. I added David's commentary and the series of possible answers to some kickass beer trivia. 

Enjoy!
Ale

The Price Of Beer
David Adelman says about the infographic to the left (click on it and then magnify)...

 Click Here To Enlarge
I drink beer to supplement my bones with vitamin D and prevent bone degeneration. Saying that makes me feel I’m making a healthy lifestyle choice every time I pop a bottle. I could be, at least according to the International Journal of Endocrinology that had published a study on the health promise of beer (you can also check our previous infographic that matched beer against wine for health benefits).
But here’s the better news—beer can be dirt cheap in some corners of the planet. If you’re traveling and you enjoy a couple bottles of beer (and some more) after a day’s tour, our infographic will help you find the country where you can get really cheap “vitamin D shots”.
It doesn’t matter if you’re going to Central/Eastern Europe or Southeast Asia; both regions can get you drunk really cheap. Vietnam and Ukraine are the hands-down winners with beer at fifty nine cents per bottle. Other beer-friendly countries include: Cambodia, Czech Republic, China, Serbia, and Panama.
On the other hand, if you’re a heavy drinker, better avoid the Middle East. Not because alcohol is officially banned in many countries there (you can drink in designated places), but they have the priciest beers in the world. In Iran one beer is equivalent to 13 bottles in Ukraine!
The infographic also calculated which countries pay most and least for beer every year based on consumption and beer price. If you drink much you pay much, right? Germans are the third heaviest beer drinkers in the world. As expected they’re one of the biggest spenders, too, shelling out $235 per year on the alcohol.

But just southeast of Germany, things are different in Romania. Talk about enjoying both worlds–Romanians are one of the heaviest beer drinkers; they’re also one of the least spenders on the alcohol. But we encourage you to drink moderately… and pay moderately, too.

SHARE:

ALE MAX Returns to Fuse Craft Beer & Sneaker Cultures!

Yup! It's that time again! Ale Max Day , the event put on by my boy Craig and I, will be in its second year, and it's going to be an...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig