Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ale Sharpton's Favorite Photos From 2012!

Who Shot Ya?
Tap Dat!
My boy Andy tappin' a keg at SweetWater Brewery!
Whaddup!!!
If you have visited this site before or know me, there's no mystery to the fact I am always strapped with my trusty Canon because I love to shoot pics. I have tons of 'em and it was one of the hardest things I had to do this year, but these are a few of my favorite photos from 2012. Look for more in the future, but in the meantime, I hope you dig this eye candy. Thanks to everyone involved in these shots. You looked great!
And to you, thanks so much for following me on Twitter, Facebook, this website, various events, all of the cool mags and sites I contribute to, plus my show Cruisin' For A Brewsin'! I can't wait to see where I end up in 2013!  Just know you will be there with me.
Cheers and Happy New Year! (Hopefully you are not hungover!)
Your homey,
Ale
Smmmmokin'!
This was a bartender demonstrating the enjoyment of the hookah at 255 Tapas Lounge in the Castleberry District of Atlanta. This was also the first restaurant I helped with their beer list. I followed up consulting for their next venture, The Spinning Pie (Spin), next door. 

Guilty!
Fellow Sierra Nevada Beer Camp #80 Brewer JP showing off the remains of a pluot we used for our El Pluorado Golden Ale.

Crazy Hops.
This was one of the biggest surprises when it comes to mailers. 21st Amendment Brewery blessed me with their absolutely delicious Hop Crisis Imperial IPA and the remains from the hops they used came pouring out the box when I opened it. Awesome!


Kiss It.
I didn't think kissing booths were around anymore, but the 2012 Baconfest ATL proved me wrong! The Saran Wrap brings the times up to date, though. Ha!
Reflect.
I grabbed this brew in Montreal and it was one of the top 5 I have had all year. Especially when it was paired with that plate of grub you can see in the bottle on the left. Yep, the 2010 Dominus Vobiscum Lupulus (10%) is the epitome of balance and more importantly, earns the GANGSTER award!

Twisted.
Here are just a few of the kegs being pumped at one of the most incredible beer bars in the nation, Baltimore's Max's Taphouse. The very first time I walked in this bar, the bartender yelled "Ale!" I was floored since I never saw him before! They showed me hella love there. I will be back!

In-N-Out.
People made it a priority for me to hit up In-N-Out Burger during my visit to Sierra Nevada in Chico, California. It was pretty 'effin good, but honestly, my mind was on the brew 24/7! I mean, Sierra's brewery was basically right across the street!

Here Comes the Dank!
I was able to see the first release of SweetWater's new Dank Tank, The Gimp, and they looked like an army coming off the bottling line. SweetWater has blown the hell up (to the dismay of some haters out there), but I give credit where credit is due. Check out their ridiculous addition in the back of the brewery. This whole site is about to be on some Willy Wonka sh*t!

Savor.
This is the cork on the top of the collaboration with Sierra Nevada and Boulevard  Brewing called the Terra Incognita made specifically for the 2012 edition of Savor in Washington D.C. I will be there in 2013. Believe that!  

Deviant.
I know, I didn't take this (although I could've lied and said the camera was on a timer); my brother did. (Thanks Lamont!) Anyway, I'm in Atlanta about to see my Yankees with my 22-year-old hat (we lost but whipped  that ass the next game) tailgating with Oskar Blues' Deviant Dale's, and the crazy reflections on the eyeglasses that make me look like a complete nut case! I hear I tend to be at times so here ya go! 

Fiyah!
Members from ATL's OPA Circus entertained Cypress Street Pint & Plate's patrons during a special Beer Geek Tuesday featuring Clown Shoes Brewing. Look for my episode of Cruisin' For A Brewsin' I filmed there on this site soon! 

Jail Time!
I love this one because the guy pouring (Assistant Brewer John Pierce) is the one of the brewers of that special Jailhouse Brewing cold one, the Prison Camp Pils (5.5%), from their Inmate Hooch Series. What's even cooler is that he's cartoon-style on that very bottle (see him?). I came through their Hampton, GA site thanks to Atlanta Beer Tours.

Uncle Bill.
My Uncle Bill was honored by President Obama since he is a Tuskegee Airman.  This is what the President personally handed him during a handshake and he was proud to flaunt it. I know it's not a beer flick, but we did get a brew and the best crab cakes in Baltimore right after this picture at the Windsor Inn behind Uncle Billy's house. That counts, right?


Anyway, let's party and prosper in 2013! Look for more pics in a few!
Cheers!!!

SHARE:

ALE MAX Returns to Fuse Craft Beer & Sneaker Cultures!

Yup! It's that time again! Ale Max Day , the event put on by my boy Craig and I, will be in its second year, and it's going to be an...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig