Friday, April 1, 2011

Atlantic City Beer Festival: Let's do it!


It's time to for Cruisin' For A Brewsin' on Jersey's shore! 

After an absolutely hectic week in Atlanta, I was looking forward to jumping on the plane and setting up shop in Atlantic City, NJ to attend the 6th Annual Celebration of the Suds aka the 2011 Atlantic City Beer Festival. I have heard great things about it, and knowing that 75 breweries are represented here including a lot of northern breweries that don't make it down to the ATL, I know there will be some new styles I have yet to encounter. From April 1st through Saturday night, about 20,000 craft brew lovers and future connoisseurs will be indulging in some of the world's best beers, 4 ounces at a time! But until I go for the 12-4 pm session tomorrow, I will be chilling at The Chelsea tonight, a sheik boutique hotel, and eating at their award-winning Chelsea Prime restaurant. From there, I am finding the best bar to watch the Lakers slaughter the Jazz. I heard Firewaters at the Tropicana has more than 50 taps so I have that down as a serious consideration.
Since it's hard to get up North, I made it an extravaganza and have a few of my homies from Ithaca, NY, my birthplace, coming up as well, so we will all make it a huge weekend themed around beer. But it wouldn't be complete without hitting up the Tun Tavern down the street, the only brewery on the strip. In fact, I have to give a shout out to Tim Kelly, the Tun's chief brewer, who held a homebrewing contest for the Festival and awarded locals Vince Masciandaro and Evan Fritz the winners with their Belgian Triple hops concoction. (I heard through the "hopvine" is amazing.) Fritz and Masciandaro, who've been brewing for 20 years, have to be stoked because their winning formula will be available for tasting during the festival for thousands to enjoy. Man, I can't wait to see how they get down in "New Jeroos." I'll save you sip!
Anyway, besides all of the aforementioned destinations, the legendary Knife and Fork Inn will be getting a visit by yours truly, especially since it is run by a fellow Cornellian! Go Big Red!
Okay, look for cool photos and alladat coming soon. It's time to get my grub on.
Oh, look! It's The Situation! "Great job on the Donald Trump Comedy Roast, buddy! Stick with the abs!"
Ale
SHARE:

ALE MAX Returns to Fuse Craft Beer & Sneaker Cultures!

Yup! It's that time again! Ale Max Day , the event put on by my boy Craig and I, will be in its second year, and it's going to be an...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig