Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I had a blast on Atlanta Eats TV and Radio!

Steak Shapiro and I are choppin' it up at The Porter Beer Bar during his beer episode.
This past Saturday was a classic day for beer!

In case you missed the last episode of the Atlanta Eats television show that came on Saturday morning, November 23, they have it posted on their website. (Here is the link.) Hosted by local celebrity and gourmand Steak Shapiro, this particular show featured some of the main spots of Georgia capital's beer scene, including SweetWater Brewery, the Brick Store, Hop City, and the Porter Beer Bar. I was asked to join Steak at his Porter stop, and I was more than happy to join him. Although I would love for you to check out my segment in the beginning, but the entire show is well done. 
And if that wasn't enough of a great way to start off the day, the Atlanta Eats Radio show booked me for a live interview right after the show aired, so I happily drove over and kicked it with their jovial host Mara Davis. That went super well, especially after I cracked open the liquid surprise I had on deck: Enter the delicious Terrapin Brewing Company/Schmaltz Brewing Company collaboration called the Reunion Ale '13: A Beer For Hope, a brown ale brewed with cocoa nibs, cinnamon, Jittery Joe's coffee and vanilla at 7.5% ABV with proceeds going to the Institute for Myeloma & Bone Cancer Research. I lost my mother on this exact day two years ago from f*cking cancer (see my post about it here), so it was fitting to present this sipper during my radio appearance.
Mara and the Villains Wicked Heroes posse.
Here is the link to my fun interview with my homey Mara. We start at around the 49:19 minute mark. Highlights include a hilarious beer song intro, some impressive belches, my connection to Reverend Al Sharpton, plus my shout outs and recommendations on places around Atlanta and throughout the nation to indulge in the best beverage on earth. 
After we finished, the Villains Wicked Heroes rolled through with my favorite salad in the city, their Hail Nero made with kale, and some of their crazily inventive sandwiches. 
After that, I was off to Burnt Hickory Brewery to be a guest pourer (see the @DrinkLikaFish video here), then a potluck dinner and debut of the Shake Your Rumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale brewed with my dude and homebrewer extraordinaire Jon Shari, and closed the night watching that bullsh*t PacquiĆ”o fight at my fellow Brew Tang Clan member Mike's house. 
What a day. Thanks Mom.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Ale
SHARE:

ALE MAX Returns to Fuse Craft Beer & Sneaker Cultures!

Yup! It's that time again! Ale Max Day , the event put on by my boy Craig and I, will be in its second year, and it's going to be an...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig