What's up craft beer lovers?!
I had a great weekend entertaining visiting family and bouncing around a lot of gangster brew spots including The Porter, Graveyard, Midway, Argosy, Cypress Street, Wrecking Bar, Timone's, Family Dog, and Hand In Hand. I even went to a birthday party for my homey Donna at Frank Ski's (we need to work on their beer list though). Well, even though it's Monday, it's great to be alive! I hope you feel the same. That's my sermon for today.
Now, on to St. Patrick's Day, which is coming up very damn soon. Fadó Irish Pub in Buckhead always brings it, and throughout this week leading up to the day of the leprechaun on March 17, it's on again. They wanted to make sure you, my precious readers, knew what was in store. Well here ya go! This is straight from their headquarters. From piggin' out on Irish-themed cuisine to sippin' from SweetWater casks (March 11th), getting heads shaved for a cause on March 15th, partying with Clydesdales (March 16th), and jamming with arguably the best U2 cover band on March 17th, Fadó is going all out! Check it:
Fado Irish Pub in Buckhead hosts 18th Annual St Patrick’s Day Outdoor Block Party March 15 - March 17
Tickets are still on sale now to the biggest St Patrick’s Day party in Atlanta
No matter how much of an ancestral stretch it actually may be, Americans feel a real connection to their Irish roots each year on St Patrick’s Day. And starting March 1, the social order in Atlanta shifts towards a singular purpose: connecting to those Irish traditions. This means wearing green, eating traditional Irish food, connecting with community through charity, and, of course, drinking Guinness and fantastic Irish whiskey. After 17 years of throwing the biggest Paddy’s Day outdoor event in Atlanta, Fado Irish Pub in Buckhead continues its tradition of delivering revelers Atlanta’s definitive 2014 Paddy’s Day celebration.
Planning for the outdoor block party at Fado starts months in advance and every aspect of the days leading up to March 17 is focused on offering an over-the top- yet authentic- Irish experience with something for everyone. This year the outdoor event begins on March 15 and continues until March 17 featuring a full line up of European sports, including 6 Nations Rugby, English Premier League, Irish Dancers, traditional bag pipers, an appearance by The Budweiser Clydesdale Hitch team, full live music schedule, food and drink stations, including the a Tullamore Dew signature cocktail, called The Paddy’s Punch, as well as a signature serve “Flexible Flask”! The flask will be prefilled with the cocktail and set up at stations or hand sold by wait staff throughout the day. “Party like a Paddy” never sounded more right!
Since 1996, Atlantans have chosen Fadó as the best St Patrick’s Day party in the city. Fadó Irish Pub in Buckhead has become a St Patrick’s Day Institution. Buy your tickets in advance now. Commit Yourself.
Here’s what to expect during Atlanta’s most anticipated St. Paddy’s celebration at Fadó in Buckhead:
· Traditional Irish Session, Monday, March 10 at 8 p.m. -local musicians gather to perform acoustic versions of classic Irish tunes. New Musicians always welcome.
· “Craft Fare” Tuesday, March 11 - a gourmet slider and craft beer sampling event from 7.30-9.30 p.m. $25 per person includes sampling from 7.30 p.m. and 8.30 p.m.; gourmet mini-burgers and sliders and multiple craft beers, including SweetWater Brewing cask ales and bomber bottles. Between 8.30 p.m. and 9.30 p.m., guests will enjoy special pricing on all featured product. Tickets available on-line and on the door. Limited seating.
· Super Paddy’s Day Pub Quiz with $500 cash prize, Wednesday, March 12 at 8 p.m. - $500 1st place cash prize, 2nd place-$200 Fado Bucks, 3rd place-$100 Fado Bucks. Three week tournament starts on Feb 26th. Featuring Heineken pitcher specials for the tournament.
· Live Music with the Mike Magno Band, Thursday, March 13 at 9 p.m. No cover. And, for Guinness lovers, its lucky pint night. Prizes given at random all night long!
· St Baldrick’s Charity Event, Friday, March 14 at 2:15 p.m. from 6:18 p.m.- An annual head-shaving event where the community raises money and awareness to help fight children’s cancer. Drink specials include Heineken and Heineken Light Bottles and 20 cents from each bottle sold will benefit the St Baldrick’s Foundation. Party goes late with “Just Press Play” kicking off at 10 p.m. playing cracking pub tunes, new and old. Fun Fact: “craic” is an Irish term meaning good times”. So we like to always say that this event is “great craic for a great cause”. We have a $125,000 fundraising goal and over 35 shavees signed up so far. Go here and find out how you can participate. Or, just go here to donate.
· Parade Day in Atlanta; Outdoor Block Party at Fado, Saturday, March 15 - Doors open at 7.30 a.m. for European sports, English Premier League and 6 Nations Rugby. Full pub menu available all day.
Outdoor festival starts at 12 p.m. and is co-hosted by Atlanta’s own, A Social Mess who will be featuring the main stage contests, games and other amazing nonsense to infuse some wild into the festival this year. Live music from 1 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. and includes Andy Birdsall cover band, Mike Magno Band, Desire (U2 cover band), and Geek Band (80’s cover). DJ Just Press Play inside starts at 9 p.m. Food tents and multiple beer and cocktail stations, including the Tullamore Dew signature cocktail; “The Paddys Punch”. Cover starts at noon. 21+ after 2 p.m. $20 on the door.
· Trad Sunday, March 16 - Doors open early with European sports, featuring Liverpool v Manchester United 9.30 am. Brunch menu available until 3 p.m. and full menu, including Traditional Irish food, available all day. Guest bartender charity event from noon to 3 p.m. hosted by Leukemia & Lymphoma Team in Training. Irish dancers to perform throughout the day. Traditional Irish Music from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m and Andy Birdsall Acoustic. to perform from 4.30 p.m. to 8 p.m. No cover.
SPECIAL: From noon - 2 p.m., the Budweiser Clydesdale Hitch Team will be at Fado! All ages welcome. No charge.
· St Patrick’s Day, Monday, March 17 - Doors open at 7 a.m. Full menu available. Outside event starts at 12pm with traditional Bag Pipers and Irish Dancers performing throughout. Live music from 2 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. with Geek Band, Andy Birdsall Band, Desire, the greatest U2 cover band in the world! Cover starts at noon. DJ Just Press Play inside from 4 p.m. playing “cracking” pub tunes until 9 p.m.! 21+ only afternoon. $20 cover on the door.
Advance tickets are on sale now for March 15 and March 17, 2014.
Purchase before March 1st and save. $15 for 1 day, $25 for 2 day passes
After Midnight on March 1st, tickets are $20 for 1 day, $30 for 2 day pass.
$20 at the door.
About Fadó Irish Pub
Fadó (pronounced fuh-doe) Irish Pub was the first Irish pub to be designed and constructed in Ireland and shipped and installed in Atlanta. Fadó is distinguished by its genuine Irish hospitality, quality of its pints and craic (pronounced ‘crack’, a uniquely Irish form of fun). Fadó has been voted 'Best Of' by a number of local and national publications. Get more information by visiting the pub’s website, Facebook page or by following Fadó on Twitter and following the #stpatricksday2014