Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Here are some dope photos from the 13th Atlanta Cask Ale Tasting!

ACAT 2017 was crazy!

Whaddup!!!
This month has been a blur for me, but that’s a good thing when it is due to so many dope beer events, traveling destinations, and making moves with y’all in mind!
Judging the 13thAnnual Atlanta Cask Ale Tasting this past Saturday, January 21st, was one of the MAJOR highlights of January so far because of all the great people I ran into, the conversations with fellow experts, and, of course, tasting the experimental beer all 51 of the participating breweries came up with; it was an unforgettable experience. Congrats to these U.S. and U.K. winners from our blind tasting panel below:

UK-STYLE ALE:
1st - J.W. Lees 2015 Harvest Ale aged in Calvados Barrels
2nd - Copper Creek Oatmeal Stout
3rd - Fyne Ales Maverick Best Bitter
CLASSIC STYLE:
1st - Scofflaw Double Dry-Hopped Double Jeopardy IPA
2nd - Blue Tarp All I Want for My Birthday is a Big Booty Baltic Porter
3rd - Founders Red's Rye IPA
SPECIALTY STYLE:
1st - Cherry Street / Lincoln Fill Station Triple Chocolate Chunk
2nd - Wrecking Bar Coffee Coconut Barrel-Aged Siberius Maximus Imperial Stout
3rd - Monday Night Something Pretentious double barrel-aged Scotch Ale
PEOPLE'S CHOICE:
Cherry Street / Lincoln Fill Station Triple Chocolate Chunk

So with all of that being stated, here are some of the Cruisin’ For A Brewsin’ shots either me, my boy Brett from DC, or my brother Lamont captured while getting our sipping on.
Oh, and a special shout out to the ACAT founder Owen Ogletree, and a HUGE thank you everyone who introduced themselves to me at the event who support my blog and everything I do. You are my fuel to keep going!

































Cheers!

Ale
SHARE:

Get ready for 404 Day!

Peace Y’all! Being a proud rep of Atlanta for more than 30 years, it’s time celebrate another festive 404 Day! This time, there is a fundr...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig